The rightHome Improvements are essential to maximizing rental value in addition to getting your property noticed. Higher rent can mean higher quality tenants, plus added profits. It’s no doubt that most tenants would ensure an apartment is in a good state before moving in. Let’s take a look at the top 10 Home Improvements any landlord can benefit from.
- Modern Flooring : Modern renters prefer wood, laminate, or tile above traditional carpeting. There are plenty of new and innovative products that provide both style and durability on any budget.
- Damaged Walls : Repair of damaged walls. Without the repair the painting will not reflect properly
- Complete Internal Painting : Touch-ups are ok, but over time, walls look shabby and worn out. Repainting rooms with a modern neutral hue offers one of the largest returns on investment.
- Plumbing Checks : Dampness, leaks, and flooding hazards. These hazard are mostly ignored but become a major source of dissatisfaction for the renteras these leakages cause dampness on the floor and ceiling, which will deprive tenants of their comfort. There are also issues of leaky faucets, clogged drains from the kitchen and bathroom, and leaks from water heaters and pipes. These need to be properly diagnosed and rectified before handing over.
- Updated Bathrooms :Cost effective upgrades include a replacement of tiles, change of fixtures, new vanity, light fixtures, or swapping out for a modern vanity mirror. Even simple changes impact the appeal of your rental bathroom.
- Upgraded Lightings :New fixtures are stylish and energy-efficient when paired with long lasting LED bulbs. Invest in a cohesive lighting scheme throughout the property to present a morepolished look.
- Repair of window and door lock damages : It is not uncommon to find defective or damaged locks in doors and windows. These need to be repaired/replaced to give the tenant a better living experience.
- HVAC Systems :Another common issue is the maintenance of your HVAC Systems. Air conditioning that haven’t been maintained according with proper Planned Preventive Maintenance will most likely not work well. Proper servicing, Duct Cleaning and Coil Cleaning or replacement of units should be done to improve tenant living experience.
When it comes toHome Improvements, The Home Team is your go-to choice for a hassle-free, efficient, and reliable experience. Our team of experts, comprehensive options, transparent pricing, and commitment to quality make us the ideal partner for your Home Improvement Needs.